RedBalloon Gift Card & E-gift Card
Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: 04 Aug 2020
The RedBalloon Gift Card & E-gift Card Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all gift/e-gift cards issued by RedBalloon Pty Ltd (ABN 13 097 376 442). Your purchase, redemption and general use of a RedBalloon gift/e-gift card is subject to the following terms and conditions. Any use or attempted use of a RedBalloon gift/e-gift card and / or the RedBalloon E-gift Card Website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
"PIN" means the 4-digit PIN printed on the gift/e-gift card.
"RedBalloon" means RedBalloon Pty Ltd (ABN 13 097 376 442).
"Gift Card" means a physical gift card that you have purchased or received.
"E-gift Card" means a digital gift card that you have purchased or received.
"Gift Card Balance" means the unspent value of the gift/e-gift card.
A reference to "we" or "us" is a reference to RedBalloon Pty Ltd.
A reference to "you" or "your" is a reference to the person who is in possession of the gift/e-gift card at the relevant time for the purposes of the RedBalloon Gift Card & E-gift Card Terms and Conditions of Use, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the gift/e-gift card on their behalf.
3. Gift/E-gift Card Redemption & Exclusions
Except for the exclusions listed in paragraph 3.2 (Exclusions) below, once loaded with value your gift/e-gift card may be redeemed for purchases online at www.redballoon.com.au
The following are the exclusions applicable to the redemption of your gift/e-gift card:
- Bill payments, including credit accounts;
- Gift/e-gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift/e-gift cards or other tender.
4. Online E-gift Card purchases
Once payment has been made, the transaction will be completed and the e-gift card will be activated and loaded with value. There may be a delay with the e-gift card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the e-gift card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries. E-gift cards cannot be reloaded.
5. In Store Gift Card Purchases
A RedBalloon gift card can be purchased in-store from participating retail stores such as Woolworths, Big W, Coles, Kmart, Target and Aldi.
To purchase the gift card, present the gift card to the point of sale operator. Check that the gift card has not been removed from the cardboard carrier and that the scratch panel on the back of the gift card has not been tampered with or removed. If it has been tampered with or removed, give the gift card to the point of sale operator to be destroyed and select a new one.
Gift cards purchased in store from participating retail stores are pre-loaded and activated by the retail store. Please ensure you keep proof of purchase from the retail store the gift card was purchased from.
6. Using your Gift/E-gift Card
6.1 Making a Purchase
To make a purchase using your gift/e-gift card, please follow the below instructions:
- You must be logged into a RedBalloon account to use a Gift Voucher/Card. Go to www.redballoon.com.au - Click 'MY ACCOUNT'. Create an account by selecting 'SIGN UP HERE' and entering your details. If you already have a RedBalloon account, enter your email address and password and select 'LOGIN'.
- Browse and Select your experience. Once you have made your selection, click 'BUY EXPERIENCE VOUCHER' or 'INSTANT BOOK THIS DATE' and select your preferred date and time.
- On the MY CART page, click the 'CHECKOUT' button and follow the prompts to select the delivery method.
- Under the Select your Payment Method header - select 'USE GIFT VOUCHER/GIFT CARD'. Enter the Voucher Code or Gift Card number. If you have more than one Voucher or Card to use, repeat this step.
- Your Gift voucher/Card value will be deducted from the total amount.
- If you need to pay an amount above the value of your Gift Voucher/Card, enter Credit Card, Paypal, Afterpay, ZIP or BPay details.
- Read and Agree to the Terms and Conditions – click 'PLACE ORDER'.
If you have left over balance, this will remain on the gift/e-gift card. The remaining balance will retain the same expiry date as the original gift/e-gift card.
6.2 Purchases exceeding the Gift/E-gift Card Balance
Your gift/e-gift card may only be used to make purchases up to the gift/e-gift card balance. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the gift/e-gift card balance, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
6.3 Exchanging items purchased with a Gift/E-gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a gift/e-gift card may be exchanged or returned subject to RedBalloon's exchange policy.
See RedBalloon's exchange policy at www.redballoon.com.au/help/terms-conditions for more details.
6.4 No cash advances
Gift/e-gift cards are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. You cannot obtain any cash advance with your gift/e-gift card, redeem your gift/e-gift card for cash or receive any portion of the gift/e-gift card balance in cash.
6.5 Checking your Gift/E-gift Card balance, expiry date and transaction history
You will not be sent statements of transactions on a gift/e-gift card. You can check your gift/e-gift card balance and expiry date at any time by calling the RedBalloon Customer Service Team on 1300 875 500 or visiting the RedBalloon e-gift card website. For balance enquiries by phone or online, you will be required to enter both the gift/e-gift card number (17 digit number) and PIN on your gift/e-gift card prior to getting access to the card information.
6.6 Can I exchange or refund my Gift/E-gift Card?
Gift/e-gift cards cannot be exchanged for another denomination of e-gift card or for tender (i.e. cash). Gift/e-gift cards cannot be refunded or returned, unless required by Australian Consumer Law. Delivery fees are non refundable, unless required by Australian Consumer Law.
6.7 Can I purchase a gift/e-gift card using a gift/e-gift card?
Gift/e-gift cards cannot be used to purchase another gift/e-gift card.
7. Expiry, Cancellation and Re-issue of Gift/E-gift Cards
7.1 Expiry of Gift/E-gift Cards
Your gift/e-gift card will be valid for use for 5 years from the date of issue after such time it will be invalid. You should use all of the gift/e-gift card balance before the expiry date. It is up to the cardholder to use the full value within the validity period. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited when the gift/e-gift card expires. Unused balances will remain the property of RedBalloon.
7.2 Cancellation and voiding of Gift/E-gift Cards
- Gift/e-gift cards cannot be cancelled once they are issued except if they are cancelled by RedBalloon at RedBalloon's discretion, if their value is used or if they expire.
- We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any gift/e-gift card that appears to have been defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen gift/e-gift cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
- RedBalloon reserves the right to verify the identity of the bearer.
- We reserve the right to cancel any gift/e-gift card, or the Gift Card program, for any reason at any time without notice. In such instances (except those set out in paragraph b) and c) we will elect to provide a replacement gift/e-gift card at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to correct the balance of your gift/e-gift card if we believe that a clerical or accounting error has occurred.
7.3 Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards
A re-issue of faulty or damaged gift cards is not available unless the fault or damage to the gift card is proven to be a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of us or our agents or contractors.
8. Lost or stolen Gift/E-gift Cards
Lost or stolen gift/e-gift cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the gift/e-gift card will be taken to be the owner of the gift/e-gift card.
9. Gift/E-gift Card Transactions
The customer is liable for all transactions on the gift/e-gift card except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by RedBalloon or any of its employees.
- All material on the gift/e-gift cards, the RedBalloon website and RedBalloon E-gift Card Website and that subsisting under it (including but not limited to text, images, data and software) is our property, or that of our suppliers, and is protected by intellectual property laws.
- You may not use our trademarks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any way that disparages or discredits us.
- All other trademarks not owned by RedBalloon or its related companies that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners.
- You may not frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information without our express written consent.
- You may not in any way commercially exploit any material obtained from the RedBalloon gift/e-gift card or RedBalloon website or RedBalloon E-gift Card Website.
10. Warranties and limitations of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim, without limitation, all liability for all damage, liability, costs or loss, including direct, indirect or consequential losses, however caused, in connection with your use of the RedBalloon gift/e-gift card, and RedBalloon E-gift Card Website or your use of or reliance upon any of the information, services or materials contained in the website or provided by the website to you.
- Nothing in this clause is intended to modify any non-excludable statutory rights associated with the sale of products to consumers.
- The RedBalloon Gift Card & E-gift Card Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian Consumer Laws. Any dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
- Any failure by RedBalloon to exercise or enforce any one or more of its rights under these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such rights unless such waiver is granted to you in writing.
- The RedBalloon Gift Card & E-gift Card Terms and Conditions of Use will be interpreted so that they do not infringe any law or are not invalid. If any term infringes any law or is invalid, it will be read down so that it does not infringe any such or is not invalid. If this is not possible, the term will be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Use without affecting the validity of the remaining terms.
- For complete RedBalloon Terms and Conditions, visit www.redballoon.com.au/help/terms-conditions.
Need more Information: RedBalloon Pty Ltd